With a keen sense of composition, tasteful use of lighting, and the ability to visualize a client’s needs, Gustavo is a reliable professional with a results-driven approach.
- Adobe Premiere CC, Photoshop, Lightroom CC, Avid, and Basic Maya.
- Large, medium, 35mm SLR and digital SLR, professional UHD and HD video cameras.
- Experienced in Studio, location, and outdoor photography and video.
- Experienced in lighting techniques with strobe, continuous, natural light, and any combination.
- Experienced in shooting subjects on green / blue screens.
- Experienced in green background removal and substitution.
- Experience with digital recorders, booms, and lavalier microphones.
Commercial Photographer, Self Employed, 09/1996 – Present
Worked on numerous assignments for: Univision, Telemundo, E! Entertainment Latino, Liquid Arts Media, Sun Outdoors, Uncharted Productions, Blossom Box, Zayramo.com, Christina Hoyos Jewelry, Allison Fisher Jewelry, and other clients.
Worked on numerous assignments for the most prestigious advertising agencies, magazines, and graphic design firms in Dominican Republic, such as: Young & Rubicam Damaris, Cumbre Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi, Refugios Magazine, and Mercado Magazine among others.
Worked as fashion photographer for some of the most talented designers in Dominican Republic, such as: Robert Flores, Luis Menieur, and Magaly Tiburcio.
DP / Camera Operator, Self Employed, 01/2012 – Present.
- Camera Operator – Derick Dermatology – Caldera Films – 2022.
- Camera Operator – Latin Billboard Week – Liquid Arts Media – 2022.
- Director of Photography – My Beloved – Stellar Hawk Films – 2022.
- Camera Operator – Cadets – DigiVision Productions – 2021.
- Camera Operator – 4 Days to Save The World (season 2) – C-Istudios – 2021.
- Camera Operator – Word of Mouth – SD Media – 2021.
- Director of Photography – Staff Position – University of Miami – 2015-2021.
- Camera Operator – El Truco de La Cartera – Bumbia – 2016.
- Director of Photography – Woss & Hill – Procinema – 2016.
- Director of Photography – Staff Position – MDC – 2012 – 2015.
- Director of Photography – Mio – Diana Naranjo – 2015.
- Director of Photography – Cuatro Corazones – Zayra Mo – 2015.
- Director of Photography – Rayas Marineras – NGLmedia – 2014.
- Director of Photography – Birthday – Directed by Jimmy Gonzalez – 2014.
- Director of Photography – Rendez-vous, Barrio Activo, 2014.
- Director of Photography – Rebell Child – London – 2014.
Editor, Self Employed, 01/2012 – Present
- My Destiny, Feature, Directed by Sabrina Vaughan, 2022.
- The Unforeseen, Feature, Directed by Steve Ferguson, 2022.
- Acapella, TV Pilot, Directed by Michael Layne, 2021.
- University of Miami, Corporate / Educational, staff editor, 2015 – 2021.
- The Barlow House, Feature, Directed by Brian Knoll, 2015.
- Mio, Music Video, Diana Naranjo, 2015.
- Miami Dade College, Corporate / Educational, staff editor, 2012 – 2015.
- Rendez-vous, Music Video, Barrio Activo, 2014.
- Rebel Child, Music Video, London, 2014.
- Cuatro Corazones, Web Series, Zayra Mo, 2013.
- Giving Back, Short Documentary, Directed by Michael Kastenbaum, 2013.
- Empowered Youth, Short Documentary, Directed by Michael Kastenbaum, 2012.
- Phantom Pain, Short Documentary, Conscience Action Network, 2012.
Photographer / Videographer / Editor, University of Miami, 08/2015 – 05/2021
Photograph, videotape, and edit various assignments ranging from medical procedures to interviews and events for the university as needed.
Coordinate and videotape/edit segments and b-roll to be broadcasted by different Miami news stations for the university’s communications department.
Responsible for all the graduating and new students, staff, and faculty studio and environmental portraiture and archival of the images in LAN servers and on the university’s online archive page.
Scan positive and negative film and literature for different departments as needed.
Photographer / Retoucher, Max & Chloe, 01/2012 – 11/2015
Set up lighting and photograph jewelry for both printed media and e-commerce.
Process and retouch images to specific company guidelines for display on the company’s website.
Organize files by renaming and adding description for digital storage and easy access by the company’s website designers.
Photographer / Videographer / Editor, Miami Dade College, 03/2012 – 08/2015
Produce, film, and edit different assignments for the ACCESS Department of MDC.
Keep inventory and request video equipment as needed.
Teach students with disabilities about video production and photography.
Assign and help students develop projects related to their interests.
Evaluate, guide, and recommend actions to students regarding their assigned work.
Rochester Institute of Techonoloy, B. F. A. in Photography Arts and Sciences, 2000.